Login

Username

Password

Register   Reset password

Get Cuyahoga at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Backporting modules for use in a v1.0 installation Options
ErgoSum
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2010 9:21:32 PM
Groups: Member

Hi,

I can see that a number of interesting modules have been provided recently for use in v1.6 installations. Thanks to the various contributors.

I'd like to backport a couple for use in an existing v1.0 installation that is to remain v1.0 for the moment. A few questions please:

- Has anyone tried backporting v1.5/v1.6 modules to v1.0?. Any tips or gotchas?

- Or has anyone extensive experience of v1 and v1.5/1.6 who can offer opinions on whether this is likely to be possible and what might be involved.

I'm thinking currently of some of the modules contributed by Mayur - Highlights, SimpleContactForm, Promotions etc and/or CuyaLightBox...

Thanks
Constructor
Posted: Friday, July 30, 2010 1:11:10 AM
Groups: Administration , Member

As far as CuyaLightbox (and maybe some others), this module requires RegisterJavascript, RegisterStylesheet, RegisterAdminStylesheet and maybe a few others. These would have to be substituted.

You would also have to change how the files are stored on the server:

Code:
string fileRoot = HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath("~/SiteData/" + this.Section.Node.Site.Id.ToString() + "/image/LightBox/");

If the module uses the SiteData folder you would have to change that to the shared files folder used by your installation.

There may be a few other things but nothing huge.
webolize
Posted: Friday, July 30, 2010 6:59:03 PM

I'm sure it's possible, because it wasn't terribly hard to upgrade. Try to find threads regarding developing on the 1.5 version, which was a big jump from previous versions.

There will be some nHibernate and sessionManager changes for sure.

Good luck.

Also, it seems like anywhere cuy 1.0 ran, version 1.6 should be able to run. I hope its not a technical reason that you are not upgrading.
ErgoSum
Posted: Saturday, July 31, 2010 4:39:28 PM

webolize wrote:
Also, it seems like anywhere cuy 1.0 ran, version 1.6 should be able to run. I hope its not a technical reason that you are not upgrading.

- CUY v1.0 can run on ASP.NET v1.x hosts.

- CUY v1.6 requires ASP.NET v2+ AFAICT and, it can't run in medium trust.

My understanding is that this would effectively prevent CUY v1.6 from running properly on those ASP.NET v2+ hosts configured for medium trust even though they can run CUY v1.0 properly (as an ASP.NET v1 app).

Am I wrong about this?