Login

Username

Password

Register   Reset password

Get Cuyahoga at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Ajax Support Options
leewhill
Posted: Saturday, December 11, 2010 4:47:26 AM
Groups: Member

First of all, great CMS. I love the elegance and accessibility of it from a development point of view.

That said, I'm working on a calendar module, and I am struggling with the Ajaxcontroltoolkit, which I am going to need for date entry and validation at the very least. I've read a lot of posts about the web.extensions project, which I have downloaded and included in my solution, but even with the readme file, I am really struggling to work out how to get it to work. My project seems to build and load ok, but the Ajax controls just don't appear on my pages.

Can someone offer an idiot's guide to how to use it, or just point me at a sample project, please? There are lots of mentions of potential samples in the forum, including a slideshow module from Efie, but no actual links, and I can't see any evidence of one in Sourceforge.

I should add that although I am an experienced .net developer (mostly C#) I am relatively new to asp.net, and Web development in general, so please be gentle with me!

Thanks

Lee
Constructor
Posted: Sunday, December 12, 2010 1:23:21 PM
Groups: Administration , Member

I have used the extensions project to add ajax to earlier solutions I have worked on and it all worked fine. In more recent times I have now moved to use jQuery ajax and also some jQuery templating to display data. This seems to be more transparent and clean.
leewhill
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 2:51:31 AM
Groups: Member

Thanks for the response. Do you have any examples that you can let me see of each approach, please? I am happy to try jQuery, but would prefer to stick to 'ordinary' ajax if possible, because I have never used jQuery before.

BTW, I am not, for a moment suggesting that the extensions project doesn't work, just that I can't get it to work (because I am well outside my area of expertise)!
Constructor
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 3:05:42 AM
Groups: Administration , Member

Take a look at the admin area of this version: http://www.cuyahoga-project.org/10/section.aspx/118

Download and build the solution. It is a bit different and uses ajax for the admin context menus etc...

This ia an example of how jQuery ajax can be used. I am currently working on a project that uses a similar method with jQuery templates (http://api.jquery.com/jQuery.template/)