Login

Username

Password

Register   Reset password

Get Cuyahoga at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Yet Another Forum Options
SteveLalor
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2007 3:23:30 AM
Groups: Member

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where the Cuyahoa.Modules.YetAnotherForum is?

I have seen a few references to it a while ago, but it doesn't seem to be in the contrib?

Thanks

Steve
martijnb
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2007 7:35:21 AM

Groups: Administration , Member

The Yaf module is available from SVN: https://cuyahoga.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/cuyahoga/trunk/Yaf.

Besides that, you also need to modify Yaf itself. Here is a patch for yaf-1.9.0: download. You can apply the patch with a tool like TortoiseMerge.
SteveLalor
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2007 8:51:37 AM

Hi martijnb,

I have downloaded the YAF and the patch, and TortoiseMerge. I right click on the YAF folder and click apply patch, then I locate the patch file and click ok. TortoiseMerge opens with a list of 6 files to patch. I try to double click on any of these files to patch them and I get an error message

"Could not retrieve revision 94 of the file C:\.........(filename here). Oatching is not possible!"

Do you have any ideas what I need to do to apply the patch?

Many thanks

Steve
SteveLalor
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2007 8:53:39 AM

Hi again

I have just realised that the 6 files it wants to patch are not in the download of the module. Am I supposed to download YAF from the YAF website too?

Steve
martijnb
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2007 2:00:34 AM

Yes, the patch is for the 1.9.0 sources of Yaf.
SteveLalor
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2007 4:11:10 AM

Hi Martijnb

I have now managed to patch YAF. I did it manually because what ever I did it didn't seem to want to patch all the files. It all compiles ok now.

I'm a little confused as to what to do now. I have a folder with the "Cuyagoha YAF" files and solution in and a seperate folder called "yaf" with the files I downloaded and patched directly from the YAF website.

Can you tell me where to put the folders and how they relate to each other?

Many thanks

Steve
martijnb
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2007 5:03:21 AM

You can treat the Cuyahoga Yaf module as any other cuyahoga module:
copy the dll to the /bin directory and create a directory called 'YetAnotherForum' in the /Modules directory. Copy the CuyahogaYaf.ascx to that directory and also all the files from the yaf distribution (also, copy yaf.dll to the /bin directory).
After that, install yaf just like a standalone installation by navigating to http://your-cuyahoga-site/Modules/YetAnotherForum/Install.
Also, don't forget to add the YetAnotherForum section to the web.config as shown in their documentation.
Martin Thern
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2008 10:36:21 AM

Does it matter if I use Cuyahoga 1.5.0 or 1.5.1? Or am I able to integrate YAF the same way on both releases?
martijnb
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2008 3:57:32 AM

Should be possible with both releases because Yaf is more or less a standalone application.

For example, the Cuyahoga site was upgraded to 1.5.1 about 10 days ago and I didn't have to change anything in the Yaf module.
Henry@Heffsoft
Posted: Monday, March 3, 2008 4:16:30 PM

Any chance of getting a detailed description of how to create this module under linux? Or even better getting the module compiled and into the Cuyahoga Modules section, so everyone can enjoy? I would love to be lazy and just download it...
martijnb
Posted: Monday, March 3, 2008 11:54:45 PM

Henry@Heffsoft wrote:
Any chance of getting a detailed description of how to create this module under linux? Or even better getting the module compiled and into the Cuyahoga Modules section, so everyone can enjoy? I would love to be lazy and just download it...

There is only one drawback: YAF only runs on MS SQL Server and on Linux, you probably want to use a different database like MySQL or PostgreSQL.

Henry@Heffsoft
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 4:07:47 PM

Thanks for the response, any suggestions as to a possible alternative?
Efie
Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 1:59:53 AM

The 1.5.2 release of Cuyahoga contains a Forum-module with basic functionality
juanwoang
Posted: Sunday, February 22, 2009 8:57:35 AM

martijnb wrote:
You can treat the Cuyahoga Yaf module as any other cuyahoga module:
copy the dll to the /bin directory and create a directory called 'YetAnotherForum' in the /Modules directory. Copy the CuyahogaYaf.ascx to that directory and also all the files from the yaf distribution (also, copy yaf.dll to the /bin directory).
After that, install yaf just like a standalone installation by navigating to http://your-cuyahoga-site/Modules/YetAnotherForum/Install.
Also, don't forget to add the YetAnotherForum section to the web.config as shown in their documentation.

I have apply patch with version 1.9.0, but an error appears like bellow:
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

I read the article fro ASP.NET http://forums.asp.net/t/769696.aspx, but error is still happened. Could you give an example of web.config of YAF?
juanwoang
Posted: Sunday, February 22, 2009 9:24:38 AM

Dear,

I was install YAF by using VS2005 solutions, and I use this db for Cuy.

I was add config to /Web.config, and then remove /Modules/YetAnotherForum/Web.config, and an error was found like this:

Server Error in '/' Application.
Found 0 possible guest users. Only 1 guest user should be a member of the group marked as the guest group.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Found 0 possible guest users. Only 1 guest user should be a member of the group marked as the guest group.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

What was wrong here?