Login

Username

Password

Register   Reset password

Get Cuyahoga at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Ajax in modules Options
Monkeyface
Posted: Tuesday, December 7, 2010 5:30:47 AM
Groups: Member

I want to use jquery AJAX with Cuya2 like Constructor has done in the admin panel, however I am having trouble working out the best way to do it.

It seems Constructor has made an asmx web service which he calls from Jquery, which is nice, except the framework doesn't seem to have a way for an asmx to inherit from the module base classes in the way normal pages can, so I can't access any of the module controller functions or data.
I guess I could have the module pass all the IDs and such as parameters to the web service via the AJAX calls, but perhaps there's a way I've missed to simply hook into it from the server side?

Am I over complicating this? Anyone got a better way?

Thanks
Constructor
Posted: Tuesday, December 7, 2010 6:44:06 AM
Groups: Administration , Member

Have you checked Cuyahoga.Web.Admin.AdminServices.AdminService class?

Also you may want to write out your javascript to the browser dynamically to avoid errors when adding multiple module instances to a node. I have made posts regarding this issue in the forum somewhere.

Is there any chance you can email me your case sensitivity fixed code? I am going to do some work over the Christams period on Cuyahoga.
Monkeyface
Posted: Tuesday, December 7, 2010 8:21:37 AM
Groups: Member

Sure I can email my "works on mono" version although I might have changed some bits you'd rather not have. I'll include the native forum module too which I got working on Mono although its ugly as hell for now happy