Login

Username

Password

Register   Reset password

Get Cuyahoga at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Getting Started Options
martijnb
Posted: Friday, January 28, 2005 5:34:19 AM

Groups: Administration , Member

A Cuyahoga installation can contain multiple sites. Each site is identified with a unique url (for example http://localhost/cuyahoga). Cuyahoga examines the url at each request and then tries to find the corresponding site.

A site has nodes. The nodes have a hierarchical structure. Each node will appear as a link in the navigation. Currently a node is similar to a page, but it's likely that in the future, nodes are going to be extended so that they can contain for example links to other sites.

A node can have multiple sections. Each section needs to have an associated module that is responsible for the content. You can position a section in any available placeholder (ASP.NET placeholder control that serves as a content region) that is in your template.

Cuyahoga does only have one physical .aspx page that is responsible for displaying content (Default.aspx with UI/PageEngine.cs as codebehind) . This page examines the url, loads the appropriate site, node and sections and merges the content with the template.

To enable better visibility for search engines and site analysis tools Cuyahoga creates and uses friendly urls. During page execution these friendly urls are rewritten to an url that points to the default page with different parameters. For example http://localhost/cuyahoga/1/view.aspx is rewritten to http://localhost/cuyahoga/Default.aspx?NodeId=1 and means as much as: "please build a page for the site that belongs to http://localhost/cuyahoga and display the content that belongs to the node with ID=1 and its related sections".

The minimum steps to take for putting content online are:
1. Go to the adminstration module (for example http://localhost/cuyahoga/Admin) and log in.
2. Create a site.
3. Add a root node to the site.
4. Add a section to root node (you have to choose any of the available modules here).
5. Set authorization.
6. Go to the url that you associated with the site (view current site). You'll see an empty page with an edit button/link that belongs to the first section you just added.
7. Edit the content of the section. The way you can edit content depends on how the module that is associated to the section handles this but it's fairly straightforward.
8. That's it!

yongyuth
Posted: Thursday, January 5, 2006 1:41:10 PM
Groups: Member

i am a newbie i want to know what is a password to admin page.
user name :admin
password :?
martijnb
Posted: Thursday, January 5, 2006 4:57:45 PM

From 0.9.0 the admin password is entered by yourself in the installer, so only you yourself know what it is.
yongyuth
Posted: Friday, January 6, 2006 1:19:33 PM

martijnb wrote:
From 0.9.0 the admin password is entered by yourself in the installer, so only you yourself know what it is.

OK !! after i have sourcecode i has create database and run sql from install.sql and 0.9.0.sql from install directory. now i create new database with another name and edit web.config to new database name and then run install again. It's work !!!.
monica
Posted: Saturday, May 13, 2006 2:01:25 PM

I just install the 1.0.0version of cuyahoga,but in the login page, I don't know the password of the admin user.So raise such a question :What is the default password of admin when running the installing sql? It seems to be encrypted by MD5.
martijnb
Posted: Saturday, May 13, 2006 5:43:58 PM

If you did a normal installation, you had to enter the admin password during installation. Perhaps this should be stated more clearly that this is the password you need for the first login.
There is no default admin password anymore since 0.9.
jaiprakashsingh1981
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2008 11:46:40 AM

I am newbie. I had downloaded Cuyahoga-1.5.2-bin.zip and Cuyahoga-1.5.2-src.zip files and unzipped to my drive. Then i had created a project and added the Cuyahoga-1.5.2-src file( i mean whole folder) to the created project. when i builded the project , it got builded successfully. But when i tried to run the project , it throw the exception of "Access denied for the user cvns\jsingh45".
Can u plz help me ! How , can i get the Cuyahoga Editor(UI) initially , so that i can start creating content for my pages (or pages ) ?
martijnb
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2008 3:28:29 AM

jaiprakashsingh1981 wrote:
But when i tried to run the project , it throw the exception of "Access denied for the user cvns\jsingh45".
Can u plz help me ! How , can i get the Cuyahoga Editor(UI) initially , so that i can start creating content for my pages (or pages ) ?

It looks like your account (cvns\jsingh45) doesn't have permissions to access the SQL Server database.
twikbv
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2009 3:13:07 PM

Hello...i have a question regarding how to add a new web site to cuyahoga. What url i should put to the new website, if i'm working on a localhost server. I've put the same url for the new one with the cuyahoga sample site and i'm getting this error "query did not return a unique result: 2" - SiteStructureDao.cs.
martijnb
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 8:54:50 AM

If you want to use multiple sites on your box, you have to use IIS locally and multiple sites or multiple virtual directories.
wellhole
Posted: Tuesday, October 6, 2009 1:43:55 PM

Oh, I had so much trouble with the install because I wasn't using the right cuyahoga version! v1.5.0!